PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV ONLY IN ENGLISH
Xylem seeks to hire a Field Technician, a qualified individual who executes complex projects, maintains equipment, and able to delegate simpler tasks to newer technicians. This is a position that requires someone who is great with technology/mechanics, can problem solve, and is a team player. This position allows for career growth and will develop more extensive knowledge of the current company technologies.
- Completes site assessments and operates equipment on both pressurized and depressurized pipelines.
- Provide basic maintenance on tools/equipment across locations and project sites
- Support regional inventory, material handling, and warehouse needs as required.
- May act in the role of Site manager for simple technology projects with supervision
- May coordinate preparation and planning of single technology projects
- Ability to train more junior technicians on the proper handling and use of equipment as per standard operating procedures
- Provides feedback to the safety and technical teams on concerns and makes recommendations for improvement
- Identify opportunities to influence and promote inter-team and project collaboration
- Focused on continuous improvement by consistently looking for ways to improve and promote quality, efficacy, and safety
- High School Diploma or GED with up to 5 years previous field/shop/construction experience
- Post Secondary education a plus; certification in Engineering discipline preferred; with 1-2 years of previous work experience in a field/shop/construction environment
- Previous experience within a water services/utility organization a plus
- Proven ability to make decisions that are based on analytics/facts/observations and adhere to standard operating procedures/policies
- available to travel 1 week per month in Europe
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and/or maps and can translate to the field
- Knowledge of water systems is a plus
- Exhibits proficient technical/mechanical aptitude proven through education/work experience
- Availability to work overtime, weekends and holidays if needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license; must have a reasonable driver’s record
- Be able to work in a confined space strongly desired; confined space certified
- Safety and CPR certification a plus
- Be able to stand on feet for a prolonged amount of time
- May need to bend, lift, carry, and stretch to perform duties
- Continually required to use hands and fingers and reach with arms
- Frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Work requires the ability to work outdoors in various weather, traffic and environmental conditions.
- Up to 50% travel.
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!