The Young Water Professionals Conference begins on November 16. During the event there will be spaces for exchanging experiences and knowledge among professionals, in an exceptional setting for networking and personal and professional promotion.
The YWP network is a global initiative of IWA, segmented by countries, including the United Kingdom, Canada, South Africa and many others. Held in Spain since 2015, it seeks to serve as a professional development platform for young people in the water industry, as well as strengthening connections between the business and academic sectors.
The Conference program aims to be dynamic and cover different contents, including presentations on the water cycle, wastewater and technology, training activities and much more. ACCIONA will participate extensively at the Conference:
- Mar Micó, head of the Wastewater Treatment and Resource Recovery Area, will give a presentation on ‘Emerging pollutants in the spotlight’.
- Nil Llopart, engineer from the R&D department in Desalination and New Technologies, will participate in a presentation on ‘Integrated flotation-filtration pretreatment for the desalination of seawater in very demanding water quality scenarios’.
- Enrique Palmero, Optimization and Processes and Systems engineer, will explain the remote start-up of the Al Khobar I Desalination Plant.
- Carla Vazquez, a technician from the R&D department, will exhibit a poster on CFD-ASM as a Support Tool for Modeling and Optimizing WWTPs.
- Lucía Esteban, a mechanical engineer specialized in the Tseung Kwan O Desalination Plant, will present the new Sustainable Approach to Water Supply through the SWDP project.
For the full program, click here.