Moleaer, the global leader in nanobubble technology, announced the closing of its $40 million Series C financing round led by funds managed by Apollo and joined by Husqvarna, a strategic partner, and existing investors. This financing round brings Moleaer’s total funding raised to $61 million. Moleaer, the category creator of a rapidly growing multi-billion-dollar market, will use the funds to accelerate the global deployment of its proprietary nanobubble technology, which enables multiple industries to reduce their water, chemical and energy footprint.
Since its inception in 2017, Moleaer’s mission is to unlock the power of water to do more with less. Its patented nanobubble technology significantly improves sustainable food production and processing, water and wastewater treatment, natural resource recovery, and the health of aquatic ecosystems, all without the use of harmful chemicals.
Wilson Handler, Partner at Apollo, said: “We are constantly evaluating strategic investment opportunities that drive a more sustainable future. As the world faces a water shortage and an energy crisis, we believe that Moleaer’s nanobubble technology will be an important tool for companies and industries trying to adapt to these new realities while also meeting customer and stakeholder demands.”
Nick Dyner, the CEO of Moleaer, said: “The investment by Apollo underscores the demonstrated success we’ve achieved to date, as well as our ability to deliver sustainable solutions across industries. This milestone is a testament to the dedication of our employees who are actively deploying our technology around the world and continuously developing new applications to unlock the power of water through nanobubbles. Looking to the future, it is our belief that nanobubble technology will be a standard kit in any water-based industrial process and natural water body.”
By the numbers:
- Moleaer has deployed more than 1500 nanobubble systems and sustainably treats more than a combined 500 million gallons of water per day.
- Nanobubbles improved plant health at more than 400 farms and increased crop yields up to 56% while reducing chemical fertilizer use and water consumption.
- Moleaer’s nanobubble technology can increase wastewater treatment capacity by up to 25% and lower energy consumption by up to 40%.
- Moleaer’s nanobubble technology lowers the cost of oxygen used in salmon farms by over 30% through its best-in-class oxygen transfer rates, which are greater than 85%.
- Nanobubbles lower the surface tension of water, improving infiltration into soil and reducing the amount of water needed for irrigation by more than 12%.
- Nanobubbles remove pathogens from food surfaces, reducing the need for chemicals like chlorine and peracetic acid in the food production process.
Moleaer has received numerous awards for its innovative technology and environmental impact. Most recently, the company was recognized as a Global Cleantech 100 Company and was awarded the 2022 Impact Award by Real Leaders Magazine. It also received a Distinction award from Global Water Intelligence in the Project of the Year category for its work with the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Works to rapidly restore the water quality in the Dominguez Channel.