The Saudi Water Partnership Company (SWPC) has announced 10 entities have prequalified to bid for the Ras Mohesen Independent Water Plant project.
The prequalified companies and consortia to bid for the Ras Mohesen IWP are:
- Acciona Agua
- ACWA POWER
- Cobra Instalaciones Y Servicios, S.A
- FCC Aqualia
- Kahrabel FZE
- Malakoff International Limited and Kindasa Water Services Company Limited
- Power and Water Utility Company for Jubail and Yanbu (“Marafiq”) and Alfanar Company
- Rawafid Al Hadara Holding Co
- Utico FZC and Mowah Company
The SWPC started receiving expressions of interest last January, after it issued a request for qualification for the development of the Ras Mohaisen IWP, reports Utilities ME. Some 44 companies expressed interest in the Ras Mohaisen IWP, of which 21 were Saudi companies.
Using reverse osmosis technology, the project will be located 300 km south of Makkah, in the Western province, and will have a capacity of 300,000 cubic metres per day.
The Ras Mohaisen project is to be developed following a build-own-operate-transfer (BOOT) model. The expected commercial operation date would be 2024.