Saudi Arabia’s Water & Electricity Company (SWPC) announces the ten consortia and companies that have pre-qualified to bid for the Yanbu-4 IWP project.
The Yanbu 4 Independent Water Project (IWP) is to be built in Ar Ray yis, located 140km west of Madinah. The plant is to operate using reverse osmosis seawater desalination technology.
Once built, the plant will have a daily drinking water capacity of 450,000m3. The chosen developer will sell its capacity and output to SWPC with a water purchase agreement under a concession of 25 years.
The company who invited expressions of interest (EOIs) at the beginning of last month to select a single builder or consortium for the development, financing, procurement, implementation, operations and maintenance of the plant, has picked ten consortia to bid for the desalination project:
- International Company for Water and Power Projects
- FCC Aqualia SA, Haji Abdullah Alireza & Co LTD, and Alfanar Company
- Cobra Instalaciones y Servicios, S.A.
- GS Inima Environment S.A.
- International Power S.A., Dubai Branch
- Marubeni Corporation and Power and Utility Company for Jubail and Yanbu
- Sacyr Servicios S.A.
- Suez Groupe
- Utico FZC
- Veolia Middle East
The project’s lead and financial advisor is Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation’s DIFC branch. DLA Piper Middle East is the legal advisor and IFL Consulting Engineers is the technical adviser.