Next Wednesday, November 16, the event "Water and Climate", organized by the Reservoir Center for Water Solutions, will take place. It will be held between 14:30 and 20:00 CET (Central European Time).
The aim is to raise awareness of the importance of COP27, the climate change conference hosted by the Egyptian Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation in Sharm El-Sheikh.
The event will feature participants from the water sector and European Administration officials who will discuss the importance of water at COP27, as well as the latest trends in climate resilience and water mitigation in the sector.
It is a hybrid event, at the Reservoir space in Washington in person, and also for those interested who cannot attend in person will be able to connect online. Whether attending in person or connecting remotely, registration is required using the form available here.
In addition, the leading water technology company Xylem will also be part of the event. Alexis de Kerchove from Xylem Europe and Austin Alexander, Xylem's vice president of sustainability, will be present.
The event will feature participants from the water sector and European Administration officials who will discuss the importance of water at COP27
- 14:30 - 15:00: Reception of attendees and breakfast (only for those attending in person).
- 15:00 - 15:30: Opening session - What is COP and what does it mean for water? Will be conducted by Josh Mahan, Director of Government and Industry Regulatory Affairs, Government Relations; and Austin Alexander, Vice President of Sustainability, Xylem. In addition, there will be a connection from Sharm El-Sheik with Tanya Trujillo, assistant secretary for Water and Science at the Department of the Interior.
- 15:30 - 16:30: EU Utility Panel - Climate mitigation and adaptation for Water Utilities: European Priorities for Future-Proof Services. This session will be moderated by Alexis de Kerchove, Xylem Europe. Participants will include:
- Hans Goossens, CEO of Watergroep and president of Water Europe.
- Ruben Fernandes, CEO of Águas e Energia de Porto (Portugal).
- Mads Leth, CEO of VCS Denmark.
- Norbert Jardin, CEO of Ruhrverband Germany.
- Veronica Manfredi, Director of Zero Pollution and Green Cities of the European Commission.
- 16:30 - 16:45: Break
- 16:45 - 17:45: Live connection from Sharm El-Sheikh.
- White Paper: Tallulah Lutkin, Utility Performance Editor of Global Water Intelligence.
- Climate Smart Utilities: Daniela Bemfica, Strategic Programmes & Engagement Director of the International Water Association.
- Nature-Based Solutions for Rivers and Wetlands: Jeff Opperman, Global Freshwater Lead Scientist, World Wildlife Fund US.
- Claire Seward, Global Campaigns of Water Aid.
- 17:45 - 18:45: Innovate Technology for Utility Decarbonization Panel. Moderated by Austin Alexander, Vice President of Sustainability at Xylem.
- Morgan Brown: Senior Program Manager, Water Alliance of the United States (invited).
- Piers Clark: President of Isle Group.
- Hardeep Anand: Director of One Water Strategy of Miami.
- Matt Ries: Director of Strategic Leadership and Sustainability (invited).
- Greg Fogel: Director of Government Affairs and Policy, WateReuse Association.
- 18:45 - 19:00: Live connection with Dave Keating from Sharm El-Sheikh.
This is a major event in the climate and water sector as key leaders from Water Utility, Policy Makers and Solution Suppliers will be present. In addition, although it takes place in the United States, it also brings high visibility at the European level thanks to the presence of leaders from all over Europe who are daily engaged in the development, validation, implementation and verification of legislative, financial and technical opportunities for the advancement of the sector.
Find out more about the event and register here.