Saudi Water Partnership Company (SWPC) announced on Wednesday that it has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Rayis-Rabigh Independent Water Transmission Pipeline (IWTP) project.
The pipeline will have a transmission capacity of 500,000 m3/day and a total length of 150 kilometers (km).
The company also informed that the pipeline is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2025.
Initially, the project was to have a transmission capacity of 900,000 m3/day and a total length of 100 Km.
Announced in April 2022, the prequalified bidders were:
- Abdul Aziz Al Ajlan Sons Co. for Commercial & Real Estate Investment – Ajlan & Bros
- Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA)
- Al-Fahd Company Trading Industries & Contracting
- Alkhorayef Water & Power Technologies
- Al-Rawaf Contracting Company
- China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC)
- Cobra Instalaciones y Servicios
- Gulf Investment Corporation (GIC)
- Marubeni Corporation
- Mowah Co.
- Mutlaq Al-Ghowairi Company (MGC)
- Nesma Company
- Vision International Investment Company
SWPC, on August 5th, also announced that the RFP for Mohaisen – Baha – Makkah IWTP had been issued to the pre-qualified bidders.
Expected to start commercial operations in the second quarter of 2026, the project will have a capacity of 185,000 m3/day and a total length of 300 Km.