As part of the deployment of the "Shaping SUEZ 2030" strategic plan, Bertrand Camus, SUEZ CEO, announces a new organization as of January 1st, 2020.
Agile, decentralized and more customer-centric, the organization has been designed to support performance improvement, selective growth momentum, and the ramp-up in digitalization and innovation, which are at the core of the strategic plan.
Jean-Marc Boursier, Senior Executive VP Group, CEO of SUEZ in France and Chief Operating Officer, and Julian Waldron, Senior Executive VP Group in charge of Finance, are responsible for implementing the performance plan, which aims notably to achieve savings of €1 billion by 2023. The objective is to improve the operational profitability and to increase the financing of investments in innovation and digitalization.
The new organization includes six Regions and two global Business Units (BU).
- The Regions are: France, North America, APAC (Asia, Australia and India), AMECA (Africa, Middle East, Central and East Asia), Northern Europe, and the Latin America and Southern Europe Region.
- The two global Business Units (BU) are: Water Technologies & Solutions, and Smart & Environmental Solutions. The new global BU Smart & Environmental Solutions aims to accelerate the development and deployment of smart environmental solutions on a global scale, as well as our new activities such as air quality management and Smart Agriculture.
The new Group Executive Committee will be composed of 10 members, in addition to the CEO:
- Jean-Marc Boursier, Senior Executive VP Group, CEO of SUEZ in France and Group Chief Operating Officer. He will be in charge of the following global operations departments: the Treatment Infrastructure (TI) Department; the Research, Innovation, Digital Transformation Department, the Information Systems Department and the Performance Department
- Julian Waldron, Senior Executive VP Group in charge of Finance.
- Christophe Cros, Senior Executive VP Group in charge of the North America Region and President of the global BU Water Technologies & Solutions (WTS).
- Ana Giros, Senior Executive VP Group in charge of the APAC (Asia, Australia and India) and AMECA (Africa, Middle East, Central Asia) Regions and Industrial Key accounts.
- Angel Simon, Senior Executive VP Group in charge of the Southern Europe Region (Spain, Italy/Slovenia, Greece) and Latin America.
- David Palmer-Jones joins the Executive Committee and is appointed Senior Executive VP Group, in charge of the Northern Europe Region (UK, Sweden, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, IWS, Poland/Serbia/Central Europe, Czech Republic).
- Diane Galbe joins the Executive Committee and is appointed Senior Executive VP Group in charge of the global Business Unite Smart & Environmental Solutions. Diane Galbe keeps her function as Head of Strategy and Shaping SUEZ 2030 Project.
- Jacques Audibert, Secretary General.
- Isabelle Calvez, Group Chief Human Resources, including the Health & Safety Division.
- Tiphaine Hecketsweiler, Group Chief Engagement and Communications Officer.
Bertrand Camus, Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ says: "I am convinced that this new Executive Committee will embody our values: passion for the environment, respect, customer-first and team spirit, to transform and develop our Group together. I am confident in the ability of the Group’s 90,000 employees to hold aloft the SUEZ banner around the world and make it the world leader in environmental services in the coming decade".