SUEZs Board of Directors examined the consolidated financial statements at June 30, 2019 at its meeting held on July 25, 2019. They were also reviewed by the Audit Committee at its meeting of July 24, 2019.
Bertrand Camus, SUEZ CEO, commented: "SUEZ's operating performance in the first half of the year was solid, with organic growth in revenue and EBIT in line with our expectations. We confirm our 2019 objectives. For the first-half, our commercial success matches our priorities: international expansion, consolidation of our positions in Europe, growth with industrial customers and increased focus on innovation in high value-added businesses. In particular, SUEZ won Manchester’s waste management contract, opened the most modern sorting center in Europe in Germany and began construction of a plastic recycling plant in Thailand. The Group also acquired a majority stake in a Saudi company, EDCO, a hazardous waste specialist. Finally, the acquisition in China of ALS laboratories, a leader in analysis, control and certification, strengthens our innovation capabilities. Looking ahead, my ambition is to make SUEZ the world leader in environmental services, contributing to a more sustainable planet. Our business and expertise are central to the challenges of our times, especially sustainability and climate change. With the support of the Board of Directors, we are making progress on a comprehensive strategic review. The strategic repositioning resulting from this review will be presented by October 30th. By mobilizing all the Group's talent, I am determined to ensure our growth is selective and profitable, in order to create value for all stakeholders."
- Concession contract for drinking water and sanitation in the city center and the north of the Grand Chalon area. Cumulative revenue of €115m for a 10-year period.
Recycling & Recovery Europe
- Waste management contract with Greater Manchester. Management of approximately 1.1 million tons of waste produced by approximately 2.3 million inhabitants. Revenue of c. €780m over a 7-year period with the possibility of a 3- then 5-year extension.
- Preferred bidder of the contract to roll out a new household waste recycling service starting in 2020 in Somerset County. c.€243m revenue for the initial 10-year term (potential 10-year extension).
- Contract in the Eure department with the SETOM for the operation of Ecoval's Energy-from-waste plant and Biomass recovery plant. Cumulative revenue of €110m for a 12-year period.
- Contract with the Lyon Metropolitan Area for the operation of the Rillieux-La-Pape waste treatment and energy-from-waste plant. Overall revenue of €79m for an 8-year period.
- Opening in Ölbronn of Europe’s most modern sorting center, built by SUEZ, dedicated to light packaging.
- Contract with DSM, company specialized in nutrition, health and high-performance materials, to recycle hazardous waste. Overall revenue of more than €10m for a 6-year period.
- Contract for the construction and operation of a wastewater treatment plant in New Delhi (Okhla), the largest plant of this kind in India. Revenue of c.€145m, for an 11-year period.
- 4 new contracts: recovery of a river in the Wuhan, engineering and operation of a wastewater treatment plant in the Taixing industrial park and treatment of sewage sludge in Shanghai and Changsha (engineering and equipment supply).
- Acquisition in laboratories business, ALS group in China, consolidating the Group’s capabilities in innovative solutions for air quality control and sanitation services.
- Construction of a recycling plant for plastic waste made of recycled polymers in Bang Phli, near Bangkok.
> Middle East
- In Saudi Arabia, majority stake in Saudi hazardous waste management company, EDCO, alongside Five Capital Fund.
- Contract to modernize Doha West (Kuwait). Total revenue of €66m and total duration: 30 months.
- Two new contracts in the fast-growing Smart Water market worth a total revenue of more than €4m, in Oman (1 year) and Qatar (3 years).
> North America:
- In Montreal, contract to design, build and operate the first organic waste treatment center. Cumulative revenue of €117m for 7-years.
- Contract to renovate and operate the Naples North wastewater treatment plant as part of the major infrastructure modernization project "Regi Lagni - Naples", in which the Group won the contract to modernize and operate the Cuma wastewater treatment plant in 2017. These two contracts will represent cumulative revenue of €120m over a 5-year period.
- Completion of construction phase for the new Mlawa wastewater treatment plant. Cumulative revenue of €77m for a 30-year period.
Water Technologies & Solutions
- Signature of 9 new contracts, representing total revenue of approximately €120m, including NABC, bottler for Coca-Cola, Fujifilm and key players in the Oil & Gas, energy and agri-food sectors in the United States, Brazil, Qatar and South Korea.
- Rollout of the AQUADVANCED® Urban Drainage digital solution in Singapore
Won contract to develop and maintain Singapore’s Operating System for its Stormwater Network for a 4-year period: real-time control of containers.
- Digital Hub: a device to accelerate digital projects in Paris
Target: accelerate 15 to 20 high-potential digital projects every 6 months by bringing together multi-business, multicultural teams and partners (start-ups tech, incubators...).
- Experimentation with the innovative "IP'AIR" system in the Paris metro
6 month-long experimentation in a Parisian metro station with the IP'AIR device, an innovative air treatment solution.
- Commissioning of the Smart City project in the Dijon Metropolitan Area, France
Remote management, from a connected cockpit, of all urban facilities in the 23 municipalities of the region.
- Launch of Loop, the e-commerce platform designed to reduce waste
More than 25 companies, including SUEZ, associated in the e-commerce site created by TerraCycle delivering everyday products to your home in sustainable and returnable containers. Accessible in Paris and New York.