Veolia, leader in environmental services, is the first company to use artificial intelligence to drive ecological transformation in its three historical businesses: water, energy and waste.
On the occasion of the Smart City Expo in Barcelona, the Group announces the worldwide deployment of its digital solutions “Hubgrade” which enable the smart monitoring of the production and consumption of water, energy and waste, helping cities and industries to optimize the management of their resources and preserve them.
With over 10,000 already connected sites worldwide, Veolia relies on a vast network of 60 monitoring centers managed by 500 experts and data scientists. Since 2017, Veolia has developed digital solutions that make a difference to accelerate the ecological transformation of its customers:
- Nearly 10% reduction in energy costs for shopping malls in Dubai
- Nearly 15,000 metric tons of CO2 avoided on the Warsaw heating network in Poland
- 15% reduction in water leakage in Prague's municipal networks
- 90% waste characterization at one of France's largest waste-to-energy plants
Today, the Group makes its high-performance solutions available to customers worldwide, enabling them to:
- Preserve water resources at every stage of its cycle, through real-time monitoring of facilities, treatment plants, distribution networks and meters.
- Optimize energy production and reduce its environmental impact by monitoring production sites and heating and cooling networks in real time.
- Deploy energy flexibility mechanisms in industries and buildings thanks to high-performance algorithms.
- Reduce building consumption, by identifying energy wastage, optimizing the operation of heating, air conditioning, lighting and ventilation systems, and indoor air quality optimization, which has a direct impact on user health.
- Improved waste recovery, thanks to camera identification and guaranteed traceability, and better adaptation to the logistical challenges faced by manufacturers and local authorities.