Flygt, a Xylem brand, recently launched its next generation pump monitoring system – the MAS 801 – with enhanced functionality for more precise station diagnostics to maximize system performance. Ideal for wastewater applications, including stormwater and flood mitigation projects, the Flygt MAS 801 delivers greater savings, deeper data and easier accessibility in an adaptable configuration.
“Utility managers are in constant pursuit of system efficiency improvements in the form of energy or operational savings, optimal pump performance by extending station lifecycle and reducing call-outs for maintenance and repairs,” said Asad Choudry, business development manager, Flygt G&G, hydroturbines, A-C Custom Pumps, Xylem. “We kept the concept of efficiency and the benefits of taking a proactive approach to system management top of mind when designing the latest version of the Flygt MAS 801. The monitoring system provides a continuous overview of pump data and station health to detect failures before they damage equipment and infrastructure.”
The MAS 801 provides engineers and technicians with accurate and actionable data, empowering them to prioritize service to minimize stoppages, reduce wear on system components, and extend pump lifetime value. Several features of the MAS 801 provide superior asset monitoring, including:
- Three-axis vibration sensor
- Current measurements
- Temperature sensor
- Moisture sensor
- “Black-box” sensor data to ensure better operation planning and greater control of maintenance cycles
- Combined power and communication signals through a single cable for easy installation and setup.
Other benefits of the Flygt MAS 801 include:
- An electronic module (PEM) that connects all pump sensors via a Flygt Subcab Power Cable, eliminating the need for cumbersome sensor cables, simplifying handling and improving data readings.
- Ten separate warning parameters accessible via a color HMI touchscreen or any mobile device to keep users informed of part wear and tear, and changes in current, vibration, temperature and leakage to help prevent shutdowns.
- SCADA integration connects the operator panel to an online dashboard to monitor up to 10 pumps simultaneously from anywhere with Wi-Fi connection available.