Under the terms of the contract for the operation of the city’s 1,800 km of wastewater networks and infrastructures, SUEZ has committed to enhance the underground facilities. This contract also uses innovative solutions to optimise the management of the service.
- Smart cleaning of the networks will help to conserve the facilities and prevent operating incidents,
- In partnership with the local “Quai des Apps” start-up, augmented reality will develop assisted maintenance.
Modernisation of the wastewater treatment plants
The second contract covers the operation of the city’s 19 wastewater treatment plants. The Nantes city authorities have renewed their trust in SUEZ, which already operated two wastewater treatment plants, by extending the company’s scope of action. The Group will rise to the community’s major development challenges in order to anticipate the needs of tomorrow’s city. SUEZ will provide expert support to transform the service based on innovation and environmental, societal and economic performance, in particular by:
- The SUEZ “NOSE” and “NOSE City” solutions will be used to forecast and control the olfactory footprint of the facilities in real time,
- reinjecting biogas representing 10 GWh/year in the Petite Californie wastewater treatment plant (the equivalent of the consumption of 3,000 inhabitants),
- Deploying smart energy management tools in both wastewater treatment plants, with the goal of cutting energy consumption by 15%,
- Executing a pilot project to prepare the future positive energy wastewater treatment plant,
- Donating scientific funds for the research and development of the advanced treatment of new pollutions,
- Durably developing the use of agricultural sludge and modernising relations with farmers by digitalising the activity.